Friday’s Tucson Forecast: Flash Flood Watch for the Old Pueblo

TODAY’S BEAMISH BLOGCAST

THE CLIFF NOTES

7DayForecast071715

Today – 60% chance of storms. 93°, southwest wind 10 MPH.

Tonight – 40% chance of showers/storms. 74°, southeast wind 5-10 MPH.

Tomorrow – 60% chance of showers/storms. 89°, west-southwest wind 10 MPH.

FORECAST DISCUSSION

FFW071615

The National Weather Service has issued a Flash Flood Watch for much of southern Arizona from 11 AM today until 11 PM Saturday. This includes Metro Tucson, Nogales, Sierra Vista, Douglas, Safford, Oracle, Ajo and surrounding communities.

Any thunderstorm that develops will be capable of heavy rainfall. Expect a 60% chance of showers & storms through early this evening, decreasing to 40% overnight. Saturday sees a 60% chance of showers & storms as daytime highs struggle to reach the upper 80s. Rain chances drop to 40% on Sunday.

Rainfall amounts range from 0.50-1.50″ through Sunday evening. Highest rainfall totals may be along the International Border & in the mountains.

SKY CANDY OF THE DAY

IMG_4520

Strike behind the saguaro, captured last night in Marana by Randall Kayfes. Many thanks to him for sharing his work!

If you can SAFELY take weather photos this weekend, upload them to my Facebook page or tweet me using the hashtag #SkyCandy.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s