On July 10th, Tucson was over 2″ below normal for yearly rainfall. 21 days later, weather history was made.
July 2017 featured the following at Tucson International Airport:
– 6.80″ rain for the month, marking the wettest July & second wettest month ever recorded.
– A yearly rainfall surplus of 2.89″ ending the month.
– Monsoon 2017 guaranteed to be the 4th straight with above average rain in Tucson.
– Only 5 days without measurable rainfall in Tucson since July 10th.
– An average daily dew point at/above 60° since July 11th.
– Only 15 days at/above 100°, which is the fewest triple digit days recorded in 2 years.
To read the complete July climate recap from the National Weather Service, click here.