Monday’s Tucson Forecast: Weather changes for the work week

One storm system dominates southern Arizona’s weather this week.

An area of low pressure is currently spinning over Nevada. As a result, gusty south-southwest winds up to 30 MPH crank up today. Highs top out in the low 70s across the Old Pueblo.

Winds combine with low relative humidity to create a high fire danger east of Tucson. Much of Cochise County is under a Red Flag Warning today from 12 PM until 7 PM. Outdoor burning is not recommended in the warned area.

Winds gradually decrease late tonight, followed by lighter winds Tuesday. 

Rain chances increase Wednesday as low pressure taps into subtropical moisture from the eastern Pacific. Metro Tucson stands a 70% chance of rain Wednesday, followed by a 30% chance of showers Thursday. Highs by the middle of the week reach the mid 60s.

Forecast rain totals are expected to be in the 0.10-0.40″ range between Wednesday and Thursday. Snow levels bottom out around 7,000 feet, with 1-4″ snow possible atop Mount Lemmon.

Drier and warmer conditions prevail by late week as low pressure moves away from Arizona. Highs peak in the low 70s Friday through Sunday.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s